As a ’90s kid, there are times when I feel nostalgic about my childhood era. I sometimes find myself fondly talking and reminiscing about the past, which makes me sound more like my parents when they brag about how things were better back then. To be honest, I do believe things were better back in the ’90s. Those were the days to live in and anyone who disagrees simply wasn’t around back then.
I feel some things are way too easier now, don’t you think so?
Counting days and waiting all day in front of the TV for my favorite program is how I spent my childhood. What about you? Before the internet and computerized software took over our lives, before smartphones offered everything we need and more at our fingertips, things were pretty simple and straightforward.
Let’s travel back in time to the ’90s where enormous, bulky TVs were the only high-tech equipment you had around you and you spent most of the evenings outside, playing with friends not glued to a small screen pretending as if it is the most important thing in your life.
1. Legends said that the blue part could erase ink.
2. Kids today will never understand the struggle of having to hit the same button thrice just to get one letter.
3. Pencils with cartridges: If you lose one of these, you`re screwed.
4. It was a thing to write your a’s and y’s like that!
5. Everyone wanted to take the ball out of the mouse
6. This brings up such a warm feeling of nostalgia!
7. In the ’90s Trix had shapes!
8. This is how we used to pick tracks to listen on the ride.
9. I kept all of my Lip Smacker lip gloss flavors in a plastic caboodle and whipped that box out like a pro to reapply after every lunch period.
10. Back in the day, drinking glasses were super cool !
11. Solitaire card game in Windows 95
12. Making friendship bracelets
13. These McDonalds Potato Heads took me back to my childhood
14. The most ’90s thing ever
15. Cobain hair, check. Band shirt, check. Velvet shirt, check. Pepsi in hand, check.
16. We knew the meaning of the word “treasure.”
17. You also knew what willpower was. Finishing all the rings was a huge accomplishment.
18. Platforms were in style.
19. Windbreakers! I remember scanning JC Penny catalogs for these things.
20. This is what swag looked like in the ’90s
21. We were all quite crafty – or we thought we were
22. When your mom caught you playing Super Mario:
23. People look at me like I’m crazy when I ask about these.
24. A pair of these bad boys will take you to the end of the world
25. Remember these lighting up your ceiling?
26. Playing this in Sears, while my parents shopped
27. Bashing ankles on a Skip-It
28. The fidget spinner of my childhood – Felt like having an acrobat in the car
29. You didn’t have to enter your personal info online to win a soda
30. Sticking these to your earlobes was the latest fashion
31. A Tamagotchi could replace a pet
32. If you were born after the ’90s, you probably won’t understand the struggle to close the error report windows.
33. Bubble Beeper: the cool way to store your gum in the ’90s
34. When you were the first to get a computer: You were the popular kid
35. When you were promised a Sega for Christmas but you got this:
36. A 3D image looked like this and you have to look at it for a while to understand what it is
37. You watched “Dirty Dancing” and decided to take up dance classes.
38. You needed only 15 minutes to become an excellent graphic designer.
39. And a photographer as well.
40. You were afraid to drop a cell phone on your foot.
Did I miss anything that reminded you of your childhood? Don’t forget to share your favorite 90s’ things in the comment section below. Let’s see which is the most common out of the above 40.
I bet these images brought back some cherished memories back from your childhood.